Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Snow day!

Back in December, there was this nice day. 2 millimeters of snow. But that means (for English people) SNOW DAY! The buses were canceled, Schools closed, everyone was piling layers of clothing, commenting "this weather is horrible," and everywhere people were shivering and keeping out of the snow. When we went out we were amazed that people where doing all that for a little amount of snow! I commented"If they went to Canada, they would get a heart attack!" Well, thats all for today. See you next time! Bye!





9 comments:

  1. Thank you for that report, Graham. That explains why people in Toronto get so excited over a little bit of snow. The founders of Toronto were mostly from the UK! Even though Anglo-Canadians are now in the minority in Toronto, the city preserves the tradition of over-reacting to a bit of white stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Graham:
    Do the Buckinghammers blame you for bringing the unbearably cold weather from home?
    When will you be back?
    It's -5 to -10C here so you are just getting used to it before you return.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, they were not around to say that. On the radio they said"do not go out unless you have to." Coming back on Jan.21.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Graham

    i know i haven't responed to the blog for a long time but today for math we got to go on the computers, we made graphs on the computers. but the boring part of the day was that we had a science tes, but it was easy.

    i can't beleive that it was a snow day for 2mm of snow. and they were shivering for like 2mm of snow. well bye.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It as a snow day in England for 2 MILLIMETRES of snow? That's unbelivable! Was it a snow day for your school in the UK? That's funny that you say that people would have a heart attack if they came here! Today, it was 4 degrees, it was considered warm! For Gr. 5 math, we timed how long it would take Dylan to run once around the schoolyard. It took him 2 minutes and 19 seconds, I think.

    TTFN
    :-) !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um... well my school is my dad. I am home schooled. But 2 minutes and 19 seconds?!?! I could totally beat that. I ran 1500 meters last year and it took me about 4 minutes! When I get home, remind me to teach everyone my computer skills. TTFN!(Thats the last time i am going to say that. I am coming back on thursday.With presents!):-] or :-[. Bye!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, for one thing, Dylan was in a winter coat and winter boots, so when you come back on Monday, you can just prove it!!!! Have you already had your G.R. test? We had ours today, it was a breeze! Did you do your Science test? Or your Math test? We did both. We have also gotten both back. The average for the math was around 77 I think.

    TTFN
    :-)!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. G.R? ?? I have done science but i have not done my math test for measurement yet. 77? Must be a hard test. See you on Monday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. G.R. it's Guided reading. Have you done it yet? Why aren't you coming back on Friday? Jet Lag? I tried the video, it didn't work. It might be my computer, but you might want to check it.

    QQ U L8R!!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete